All console Gaming News will be here.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

A little out of the ordinary but cool.

Post by CoFree »

Well i dont link in much from the sessler's soapbox
but
i did find this piece interesting and i'm looking forward to this game.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: A little out of the ordinary but cool.

Post by technoe »

Being a soldier myself, games or "Interactive Entertainment" as Adam Sessler put it, like this one are very important. There is no way for someone to know what Hell is like unless you've been there. The initial invasion into Fallujah, Baghdad, Mosul, and a list of other hard fought cities was very crucial to the US and to the free people of Iraq. "Six days to Fallujah" I feel that if done right, will let others get a small glimpse into what our brothers and sisters have fought so hard for.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
Backslash
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by Backslash »

yea i agree my cousin was a marine and went to fallujah and through the city, he had alot of horrific stories when he came back.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS !
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

Konami Pulls "Six Days in Fallujah" Video Game
Stephen Kamizuru
Opposition to the game came from families of lost soldiers, retired troops and citizens' groups in the United States and Europe.

Konami has chosen to pull the controversial game Six Days in Fallujah after criticism arose for depicting the events of a still ongoing war. The game sought to recreate the battles between United States and terrorists in Fallujah, Iraq 2004.

Six Days in Fallujah was developed by an American company Atomic Games and Konami had plans for a 2010 release date. According to Jamin Brophy-Warren, 40 United States soldiers that saw action in Fallujah helped in the games development by providing diaries and journals about their experiences

A Konami spokesperson explained their decisions stating, “After seeing the reaction to the videogame in the United States and hearing opinions sent through phone calls and e-mail, we decided several days ago not to sell it." He also stated, "We had intended to convey the reality of the battles to players so that they could feel what it was like to be there."

Opposition to the game came from families of lost soldiers, retired troops and citizens' groups in the United States and Europe. In a Kotaku article from earlier in the month, former Colonel Tim Collins a former Iraq War veteran is quoted stating, "It's much too soon to start making video games about a war that's still going on, and an extremely flippant response to one of the most important events in modern history. It's particularly insensitive given what happened in Fallujah, and I will certainly oppose the release of this game."

Dan Rosenthal another Iraq war veteran points out in the Kotaku article the differences between Call of Duty 4 and Six Days in Fallujah explaining why the former was not a target for criticism while Six Days in Fallujah is. Rosenthal stated, "The game isn't set in some unnamed country, it's in Iraq, and it's not some 'unnamed city', it's Fallujah," he adds. "There's no way for them to avoid that they chose to place this game in a location where 20,000 homes were damaged or destroyed, reportedly over 6,000 civilians were killed, and over 150,000 displaced. Who is going to tell those stories?"
No Questions by PM.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

Atomic Surprised By Konami’s Fallujah Exit
Tom Ivan's

Independent US studio Atomic Games has reacted to Konami’s decision to withdraw from publishing its Iraq-based war game Six Days in Fallujah.

“We were informed on Thursday night that Konami had decided to pull out of Six Days in Fallujah,” said Atomic Games president Peter Tamte, in a statement issued to Edge. “This caught us by surprise.”

Konami announced on Monday that it had opted not to publish the game, which had received a wave of publish backlash since being announced for the US market in early April.

"After seeing the reaction to the videogame in the United States and hearing opinions sent through phone calls and e-mail, we decided several days ago not to sell it," the company said.

Presented in a documentary-like style, Six Days in Fallujah is based on the 2004 US military campaign Operation Fury, in which the US lead an assault against an Iraqi insurgence in the city of Fallujah.

Originally planned for release in 2010 on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC, Tamte noted that “development of the game had been progressing very well and on schedule.” Destructible environments, a co-op campaign and competitive multiplayer modes were set to feature in the finished product.

While Tamte concluded by saying that “we would very much like the opportunity to complete the game,” he didn’t elaborate on future plans.
No Questions by PM.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

IMO its somewhat disrespectful to make a game like this, but look at all the WWI and WWII games... COD 4 is basically the current war...

If this game were the exact same as it is not, but a different name like "x Urban Warfare" there probably wouldnt have been a public outcry.
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

I can't tell you how many soldiers are excited about this game. Almost everyone who owns a gaming system in my Brigade is excited about this game one of the many Lieutenant Colonels that I work under is crazy about a game like this. He was one of the first soldiers (Army=Soldiers, Marines are Marines) into Iraq back in 2003.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

CoFree wrote:Presented in a documentary-like style, Six Days in Fallujah is based on the 2004 US military campaign Operation Fury, in which the US lead an assault against an Iraqi insurgence in the city of Fallujah.
well that says it all to me.

if they are going to do there best to make it a documentary of that important event.
Then im all for it.
I have family and friend that are in the service so as long as it is done right
with the proper respect to ALL involved (yes even the Iraqi)
then i think it should be done.
It very well could change the face of gaming.
No Questions by PM.

Return to “Gaming News”