spoofing ben q as lite-on

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
stutterman
Bandit
Bandit

spoofing ben q as lite-on

Post by stutterman »

hi guys
i have got the dummy. key ect ect from lite-on & read the fw from the ben q. now i have loaded the dummy into
(load source fw) & the benq into(open target fw) then spoofed source to target.now i have a cfw for benq. this is ware i need some help .do i now flash the cfw to the drive first then flash with ix16lite-on bin.
all so in mtk flash do i flash it like a lite-on or benq. if like a lite-on do i hit erase first then write or like a benq
read then write thank you mark
gazzer
Bandit
Bandit

Re: spoofing ben q as lite-on

Post by gazzer »

hi all you do now is flash no need to go through the dump are you going to use iprep
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

You dont need the dummy.bin opened as target. Open lite-on 1.6 as target, benQ as source, click spoof source to target.

Now flash that into the lite-on, click erase power the drive off then on quickly, then after you get a 72 status it will erase the drive, then click write, and your done.

To sum op what youve done:

You took your liteon 1.6 FW and made it look like a benQ, and put your xbox's key in the FW (All that is done when you click spoof source to target) so when you flash that FW into your lite-on when you start your xbox up it thinks you still have the BenQ in, so it should start up fine.

Good luck ;)
stutterman
Bandit
Bandit

Post by stutterman »

hi useing jf & benq to replace the lite-on not other way round so are the steps the same sorry for the not explan right
stutterman
Bandit
Bandit

Post by stutterman »

i think i've done it loaded liteon dummy as source then loaded benq ix1.6benq as target then soofed
saved cfw benq then flashed benq as normal all works well. thank you all pointing me in the right direction
mark
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Ohh yea, I didnt read the post right, I was kind of groggy in the morning. You did it right, I was thinking you were putting a lite-on in a benQ console.

Sorry about that.

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”