Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Xbox 360 Warranty Cover Extended for E74 Error

Post by CoFree »

Xbox 360 Warranty Cover Extended for E74 Error
By Tom Ivan
"We have determined that the E74 error message can indicate the general hardware failure that is associated with three flashing red lights error on the console"

Microsoft has extended its three year Xbox 360 warranty policy to cover E74 errors.

The company said that the E74 error message some users have encountered “can indicate the general hardware failure that is associated with three flashing red lights error on the console”.

As well as extending its warranty coverage, Microsoft will refund customers made to pay an out of warranty repair charge after running into the fault.

“While the majority of Xbox 360 owners continue to have a great experience with their console, we are aware that a very small percentage of our customers have reported receiving an error that displays “E74” on their screen,” the company said in a statement on the Help and Support section of its website.

“After investigating the issue, we have determined that the E74 error message can indicate the general hardware failure that is associated with three flashing red lights error on the console,” it added.

“As a result, we have decided to cover repairs related to the E74 error message under our three-year warranty program for certain general hardware failures that was announced in July 2007. We have already made improvements to the console that will reduce the likelihood of an occurrence of this issue.”

Back in July 2007 Microsoft upped its warranty coverage for Xbox 360 from one year to three years for the well-publicised three-red-light hardware failure, a move resulting in charges of over $1 billion for the firm.

==========================================================
==========================================================

Personally, i dont give a crap what it cost them.
If they had a console that was made worth a damn the error 102 and the error 074 would not have happened.
I have said it before and i will say it again
if not for the kick ass games on the xbox 360 it would be out of business.
CoFree
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Xbox 360 Warranty Cover Extended for E74 Error

Post by technoe »

You know there are some issues with the 360 but for the most part M$ did right by me. The 360 is one of the most enjoyable, and flexible devices I own. With the ability to stream music, movies, and pictures, plus having a flashed drive means never destroying another 60 dollar disc, I can't imagine anything that would keep me from buying 2 or 3 more if mine died.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

i agree

It just pisses me off that it took them so long to say they had a problem in the first place.
but
maybe they are learning
the error 74 has not be talked about for long now and
there are adding it to the 3 year warr
so that is a good thing anyway.
No Questions by PM.
iamwatt
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by iamwatt »

same here, i've had my 360 since the launch (what's that '05?) and i've had no problems at all with it. when i first got it i never turned it off. literally, i let it run for a week, even when i wasn't playing it. . . lol! wouldn't do that now cause who know what would happen. . . lol!
strykr535
Herald of RHPG
Herald of RHPG

Post by strykr535 »

i agree i own 3 myself and i love what the system can do and they have a great list of games...i just think its poorly designed in the inside and they need to focus on getting more airflow threw the system maybe they should come out with a whole new design of the 360 and call it XBOX 720 lol!!!

dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

Brief update:

"Microsoft will refund to customers the amount paid for an out of warranty repair due to a general hardware failure associated with the e74 error message. Those customers should automatically receive the refund within 4-12 weeks, and no additional action by customers should be necessary. However, if a customer has not received a refund by July 1, 2009, the customer should visit Xbox Support Home before November 1, 2009 for information on how to place a claim. All refund claims must be received on or before November 1, 2009"

Good news for anyone who's had to pay for the repair.
devon87
Peasant
Peasant

Post by devon87 »

okay, i hear u guys but my xbox is moded. i dont know what im gonna b able to do if the heat gun doesnt work.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

if your warranty stickers are in good shape
send it in to them.
if they dont fix it they will send it back.

I have one myself (error 74)that im about to send in.
No Questions by PM.
chaosmaker2k
Peasant
Peasant

Post by chaosmaker2k »

CoFree wrote:if your warranty stickers are in good shape
send it in to them.

Do you know if they check to see if the system has been modded?
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

chaosmaker2k wrote:
send it in to them.

As far as I know they check your seal's and drive tape. If its all in tact and there is no visible tinkering (fingerprints inside, writing on the wind tunnel etc etc...) they are likely to repair it.

I seriously doubt they put a backup of a game into the drive and see if it boots. Lots of modded xbox's have gone to them with ixtreme on the drive and have been repaired.
chaosmaker2k
Peasant
Peasant

Post by chaosmaker2k »

HaGGardSmurf wrote:
chaosmaker2k wrote:
send it in to them.

As far as I know they check your seal's and drive tape. If its all in tact and there is no visible tinkering (fingerprints inside, writing on the wind tunnel etc etc...) they are likely to repair it.

I seriously doubt they put a backup of a game into the drive and see if it boots. Lots of modded xbox's have gone to them with ixtreme on the drive and have been repaired.
Thanks, I'll be mailing mine and we shall see.

Return to “General information”